Field Service Technician opening with a metal stamping servicer. 100% travel required.
Staffing Inc. is looking for an experienced Field Service Technician to travel regionally to repair, troubleshoot, and maintain machines. This opportunity is based out of Caledonia, MI, but requires up to 100% travel. This is a full time, hourly, direct hire position with full benefits and 10 days vacation. Field Service Techs will be properly compensated for all travel time and overtime.
About the Role This role will travel regionally to customers’ facilities to repair, manage, and maintain different sub-assemblies or complete mechanical and/or forging presses.
- Ensure team performs work in a safe manner wearing all required PPE at all times
- 100% travel required
- Act as a customer site liaison when traveling and working on-site
- Assemble, repair, and rebuild manufacturing equipment from component parts in accordance with standard operating procedures to customer’s specifications
- Read, interpret and follow blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bill of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products
- Disassemble and reassemble metal forming presses which also requires rigging, fitting, scraping, grinding, adjustment, etc.
- Installs lubrication blocks, lines, and general plumbing (pneumatics, hydraulics and other)
- Troubleshoots hydraulic lubrication systems and pneumatic systems to determine necessary repairs to regain functionality
- Aligns machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs
- Prepares and utilizes basic hand tools including but not limited to ratchets, impacts, torque multipliers, hydraulic torque wrenches, magnetic drills, and hydraulic jacks
- Perform quality work checks to ensure the product meets quality standards using process inspection tools and devices
- Operate lathes and mills
- Operate cranes, forklift and other rigging equipment
- Troubleshoot machines to diagnose mechanical problems
- Read and interpret schematics, plans, and operating manuals
- Fit fluid lines and pipes
- Assemble and disassemble parts and systems
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as workload dictates
- Must be able to travel up to 100% out of time, and out of state
- Must be able to work with solvents, oils, and grease
Education & Certifications
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Technical training and certifications are a plus
- 2+ years minimum of maintenance or like experience
- 2+ years of metal stamping experience