Third Shift Supervisor at the Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids.
The third shift Staffing Inc. supervisor is an extension of our management team at Van Andel Arena. They are the primary link between the client and the associate, the client and the team, and the client and the manager. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides a welcoming environment to employees upon arrival.
- Assists with check-in on third shift.
- Conducts a brief orientation for new employees, properly prepares them for the shift assigned to them.
- Enforces rules and procedures put in place by both Staffing Inc. and the client.
- Contacts employees by telephone, if necessary.
- Complies with risk and injury procedures within 24 hours of the incident.
- Communicates openly with all team members and client.
- Problem solves with the client to accommodate their immediate needs.
- Must be a highly effective verbal and written communicator
- Problem-solving skills a must
- Computer software skills a plus
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have availability on weekends and some holidays