Controller opening with a irrigation company.
Axios Professional Recruitment is actively recruiting for a Controller for a Grand Rapids irrigation company. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, a driven, hands-on and self-starting individual who is accountable for the day-to-day financial operations including, but not limited to the following:
- Manage the execution of accounting activities including accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll and cost accounting
- Lead the month-end closing and financial reporting process including account analysis and reconciliation and work-in-process schedule project tracking
- Ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and reporting standards
- Coordinate the provision of information to external parties for financial review and tax preparation
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Provide financial analyses to evaluate company opportunities, projects, programs, capital expenditures, capital structure scenarios, costing, etc.
- Develop financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements, identifying monetary resources and helping develop execution plans
- Liaise with all departments.
- Preparation of the annual operating plan and working capital forecast
- Assist with contract administration, including interpretation of contract provisions that may impact program management and achievement of project financial targets. Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related quantitative field.
- 3+ years of progressive Finance or Accounting experience
- Ideally experience in public accounting
- Demonstrated ability to link and analyze operational metrics to financial performance
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills